Weddings at The Links Club at Spruce Creek South
Planning a country club wedding that’s elegant and classic? The Links Club is a beautiful spot for your ceremony, your reception, your rehearsal dinner, or all of the above!
One of the first things you’ll want to do after getting engaged is to choose your wedding reception venue. Some couples even choose to have their ceremony at the same spot, just to keep things simple. However you plan to arrange things, golf course weddings at The Links Club are ideal in a variety of ways.Book Your Golf Course Wedding or Banquet With Us
Why You Should Host Your Golf Club Wedding at The Links Club
If you’ve never been, the Links Club is a popular wedding venue near the Villages. Our staff specializes in creating customized, beautiful weddings that fit every couple’s vision of what they want their day to be like.
Every couple is unique so for us, every wedding is a wonderful opportunity to create an experience that reflects the couple’s individual style. Our philosophy is that every wedding has the potential to become a unique expression of love, commitment, and many happy years to come.
Work With Experienced Wedding Professionals Who Love What they Do!
We love what we do because we feel honored every time we help a couple celebrate their union in their own unique style.
How do we do it? It all starts with a conversation with the bride- and groom-to-be. Once you’ve made the decision to celebrate your wedding at The Links Club, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with our events coordinator. You’ll talk about the vision you have and the experience you want to provide your guests.
Then, we work with you or your wedding planner to transform our venue into your dream come true on one of the biggest days of your life.
But if you haven’t yet decided where you’re going to hold your golf club wedding, we invite you to visit and get to know our club and our event staff. They can show you the benefits of planning a country club wedding and will show you around the grounds.
Before you visit, however, it might help to know what to look for and what questions you should ask. If you’re looking for a wedding venue near The Villages, here’s some advice from our experts.
What to Look for in a Wedding Reception Venue
Don’t compromise when it comes to your wedding venue. We’ve seen plenty of couples walk through our doors with some very precise requests! More often than not, they are the ones who end up with a near-perfect, dreamlike wedding.
The secret? They tend to know exactly what they’re looking for — almost as if they have a checklist of what they need and want to have for their ceremony and reception. That’s exactly what you should have in hand when you’re considering the different wedding venues for your event.
To help you get started with your own checklist, here are a few ideas.
- Privacy. For lots of couples, the perfect wedding is one that takes place outdoors. The problem is, daytime weddings in public places like parks or beaches can be subject to having uninvited guests parading past your party. A golf course wedding means you don’t have to worry about strangers gawking or cramping your style on your big day.
- A Stunning View. This is a special day, which means you and your guests should be gazing at exceptional views that befit the occasion. Whether it’s an expanse of beach, a mountaintop, or an exciting nighttime city skyline, the views should be amazing.
- Good Parking. This may sound mundane, but part of making sure everyone has a good time at your wedding entails providing plenty of good parking. It means not having to rent a shuttle and hire a driver to transport everyone around. It also means added convenience for your guests, as they can come and go as they please.
- A Foul-Weather Plan. You might be planning to say your vows under sunny skies with balmy weather but Mother Nature might have other ideas on the day of. Having a backup space for your ceremony and/or your reception will take a lot of worry out of the equation on your big day. Golf course weddings where you are also booking the club are ideal because you already have a backup plan in case of rain.
- Windows. On one of the most amazing days of your life, who wants to sit in a dark room with no natural light? Make sure your venue has plenty of windows. Even if you’re planning a nighttime wedding, windows are important!
- The Right Size. Believe it or not, crowding can be a huge problem at weddings. The problem usually happens when people visit a venue that’s empty. Then, on the day of the event, it gets filled with tables, chairs, and perhaps even the dance floor, the band, and more. Try to visit the venues you’re considering when there’s an event taking place. That way, you can get a sense of how much the space gets filled up when a crowd your size is using it.
5 Questions to Ask When Touring Potential Wedding Venues
We heartily encourage couples who are planning a country club wedding to take a few tours. Narrow down your options by going through the checklist you’ve made, then schedule some visits to find out if the venues actually look like they do on their website. While you’re there, be sure to ask lots of questions.
Not sure what to ask? Here are some of the good questions we’ve had from couples who are planning a country club wedding.
How far is the venue from the wedding ceremony location?
If your reception is located far from the ceremony, a lot can happen between the two locales. People can get lost or stuck in traffic. Plus, it can be a hassle to have two venues if they are too far apart because it requires a large break after the ceremony to give people enough time to re-gather for the reception.
Is there a suitable hotel nearby for the guests?
If your venue isn’t near any hotels at all, that creates extra strains on your out-of-town guests. Asking them to drive more than half an hour from the nearest accommodations to your wedding can really downgrade their experience. For some couples, this is a true dealbreaker.
Is there a dressing room?
Dressing rooms come in handy at weddings and receptions for a variety of reasons. If your ceremony will be at the same venue as your reception, you’ll need a place to get ready before you walk down the aisle. You’ll definitely need a place to change out of your wedding clothes and into party clothes for the reception. If nothing else, a dressing room can serve as a coat-check for winter weddings or a general, all-purpose storage room. Trust us, they come in handy!
How about accessibility for elderly guests?
Most weddings are family affairs and there are usually at least a few mobility-challenged family members who will be attending the wedding.
Besides the ceremony space and the reception area, is there a third area for guests to mingle?
Sometimes known as “cocktail hour”, the time between the ceremony and the reception can be awkward if you don’t provide direction for your guests. Have them gather and mingle in a casual area and serve cocktails before they go into the main reception room or banquet hall.
We know you might have lots more questions about planning a country club wedding. That’s why we’d love to have you visit and take a tour! Come meet our event coordinator, spend some time at The Links Club, and see if our beautiful wedding and banquet venues are right for your upcoming wedding or other special occasions. It’s easy to schedule a tour — just call any time or stop by if you’re considering a wedding venue near The Villages. We can’t wait to meet you!